Victims of Human Trafficking
If you are a victim of human trafficking, ACRAnet provides a dedicated process to block and/or remove adverse items of information from your consumer report.
Please provide us with the following documentation:
Appropriate Proof of Identity
- A copy of a government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Another form of ID that includes a photo or signature, such as a social security card or work/student ID, etc.
– OR –
- ACRAnet File Match – If we have already done a consumer report on you, please contact us so that we can verify identifiers with you.
Victim Determination Documentation
This is documentation of a determination that a consumer is a victim of trafficking, made by either:
- a Federal, State, or Tribal government entity.
- a court of competent jurisdiction, which includes certain documents filed in court.
- a non-governmental organization or human trafficking task force, including victim service providers affiliated with these entities, authorized by a Federal, State or Tribal government entity.
- a self-attestation by a consumer who identifies as a victim of trafficking that is signed or certified by a Federal, State, or Tribal government entity, court of competent jurisdiction, or an authorized representative of these entities.
List of Adverse Items of Information
This is a document that identifies items of adverse information that should not be included by a consumer reporting agency because the items resulted from a severe form of trafficking in persons or sex trafficking. This could include records containing derogatory information, such as payment delinquencies or defaults, records of coerced debt, records of criminal arrests and convictions, and records of evictions or non-payment of rent.
You may submit these documents to us by:
Attn: Compliance – Trafficking
521 W. Maxwell Ave
Spokane, WA 99201
Please provide your preferred method of communication when submitting so that we know how to deliver the final determination.
ACRAnet is available for you during this process at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our toll-free number of 800-304-1249 (asked to be directed to our Consumer Services Dept) during our business hours of 8:30am to 5pm PST, Monday through Friday.
For Further Information on Human Trafficking and the CFPB’s Final Rule
Nationwide Consumer Reporting Agencies